The talented and sexy, Oleander Plume, writer of erotic fiction, nominated my blog for this Liebster Award and I’m excited to give it a whirl. Thank You, Oleander. I owe ya a double shot of something strong. The Liebster Award is a chance for us to be introduced to new blogs and to support your fellow blogger, no matter what the subject matter is. I follow quite a few blogs and am excited to nominate a few that I enjoy…but first…
The award comes with rules, so if you are nominated, you are required to do the following:
1. Thank the person who nominated you and link to their blog.
2. Answer the questions provided by the person who nominated you.
3. Provide eleven random facts about yourself.
4. Nominate 5-11 blogs that you feel deserve the award and have less than one thousand followers.
5. Create a new list of questions for the bloggers to answer.
1. What would you pick to be your personal theme song? Got A Little Drunk Last Night, Eli Young Band
2. Tell me your favorite movie quote (and what movie it’s from). “In any fight, it’s the guy whose willing to die whose gonna win that inch. And I know, if I’m gonna have any life anymore, it’s because I’m still willing to fight and die for that inch…because that’s what living is. The six inches in front of your face!” Al Pacino, Any Given Sunday.
3. What have you always wanted to write about, but haven’t yet? My first sexual experience. I’m going to title it The Two Pump Chump.
4. What are you wearing on your feet right now? Socks, black.
5. What is your favorite sex position to put your story characters into? Missionary, it’s all about eye contact.
6. Would you like fries with that? No, but I’ll steal a bunch off my son’s tray.
7. Favorite cartoon character? Speedy Gonzalez. (See question 3)
8. You just won a million dollars, what would you do first? Hire a jet, plant my ass in warm sand facing the sunset, and open a cold beer. But only for a month or two cause a million dollars isn’t enough to retire on…not yet anyway.
9. BCILF? (Book Character I’d Like to Fuck) Camilla Lopez, Ask The Dust by John Fante. “She did not venture near my table, but I was glad. Don’t come right away, Camilla; let me sit here awhile and accustom myself to this rare excitement; leave me alone while my mind travels to infinite loveliness of your splendid glory; just leave awhile to myself, to hunger and dream with eyes awake.”
10. Who is your favorite music artist? Bob Seger
11. What are you writing at the moment? A short story about first love.
Eleven Random Facts…
My first car was a ’79 Dodge Omni and I never used the back seat.
I eat muskrat a few times a year.
On the rocks.
I don’t like craft beer.
The first book I read for enjoyment was The Firm. I was 19. Before that reading seemed like punishment.
I never knew it till now but I hate listing facts about myself.
I picked my military MOS after considering it for all of 10 seconds. 25 years later I’m still doing that job and still love it.
I search for bargains when it comes to wine but will spend $50 on a bottle of bourbon and somehow justify it.
I don’t like dogs, or rather, I don’t like the owners who automatically think you like dogs.
I ran my first marathon with Bob Jovi’s, It’s My Life on repeat in my head. That song still reminds me of that day.
I’m told I snore when I’m drunk but I don’t believe it.
Now the questions for the nominees…
1. Vanilla, chocolate, or cherry chip birthday cake?
2. BCILF? (Book Character I’d like to F. This question is borrowed from Oleander becuase it’s so damn good)
3. What movie have you seen 100 times but can’t stop watching every time it’s on?
4. Who do you miss?
5. What car catches your eye?
6. What Chinese food do you order?
7. Which booze have you swore off because of a bad experience?
8. What movie character could you have played better than the original?
9. What television show do you enjoy as a guilty pleasure?
10. In what state of dress,or otherwise, do you write your blogs?
11. Your last traffic ticket was for what infraction?